Cornflower extract: benefits and application
Cornflower extract is derived from the flowers of the cornflower , also known as Centaurea cyanus. Known for its bright blue petals, this beautiful flower is often grown in gardens and flower beds. The use of cornflower extract has a long tradition in alternative medicine and is being studied in modern research for its health benefits.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits and uses of cornflower extract and how you can use it. We will also answer the most common questions about cornflower extract.
Benefits of Cornflower Extract:
- Anti-inflammatory : Cornflower extract has anti-inflammatory properties and can help with inflammation in the body. It is often used for eye inflammation and skin problems such as acne and eczema.
- Calming : Cornflower extract has calming properties and may help reduce stress and anxiety. It is often used as a tea or in aromatherapy products.
- Antibacterial : Cornflower extract has antibacterial properties and may help fight bacterial infections. It is often used to treat infections in the mouth and throat.
- Antioxidants : Cornflower extract is rich in antioxidants, which can help protect cells from free radical damage.
- Digestion : Cornflower extract may help relieve digestive issues by calming the gut and reducing inflammation in the digestive tract.
Applications of Cornflower Extract:
- Eye Treatment : Cornflower extract is often used for eye problems such as eye inflammation, conjunctivitis and fatigue. You can drink cornflower extract as a tea or make an eyewash with it.
- Skin Care : Cornflower extract may help reduce skin problems like acne, eczema, and inflammation. You can use cornflower extract as part of your skincare routine by using it as a toner or in a face mask.
- Aromatherapy : Cornflower extract can also be used as an essential oil and has uses in aromatherapy. It has calming properties and can help reduce stress and create a relaxing atmosphere. You can use cornflower extract in a diffuser or in a massage oil blend.
- Oral Care : Cornflower extract is often used in oral care products like mouthwash and toothpaste because it has antibacterial properties and can help fight bad breath and gingivitis.
- Detoxification : Cornflower extract can also be used as part of a detox regimen as it helps remove toxins from the body and boosts metabolism.
Questions and answers about cornflower extract:
Is Cornflower Extract Safe?
Yes, cornflower extract is safe to use. However, there are certain situations where it should be avoided, e.g. B. during pregnancy or if you have a known allergy to bee pollen.
How do I use cornflower extract as a tea?
You can make cornflower extract as a tea by adding 1-2 teaspoons of dried cornflower blossoms to a cup of hot water and steeping for 5-10 minutes. You can also mix the tea with other herbs to enhance the taste.
Where can I buy cornflower extract?
Cornflower extract is available at most health food stores and online. Make sure to choose a quality product from a reputable manufacturer.
Cornflower extract offers many health benefits and can be used in a variety of ways. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant properties and can help with eye problems, skin care, oral care and detoxification. Cornflower extract is safe to use but should be avoided if you are pregnant or allergic to bee pollen. Give it a try and incorporate cornflower extract into your daily routine to reap its benefits.